Friday, April 30, 2010

My Crazy Ass Blind Date


I got a call a few weeks ago from a man I didn't know. Turns out one of my clients gave him my phone number and my business card with my picture on it and told him that he HAD to call me because I was a "towering beauty." Wow. I don't know which angle to go with there, wrong on so many levels, giving out my number without asking? Comparing me to an Amazon temptress? Forcing someone to ask someone else on a blind date? Anyway I was so blindsided when he called that I ended up agreeing to brunch at The Pearl after my vacation to Seattle (with a different guy I'm dating). When I was returning from my trip, my blind date to be left this message below. WOW again.I thought maybe I shouldn't go but I LOVE The Pearl, LOVE brunch and mimosas and LOVE free meals. oh I also LOVE a good story so I went. He was a hot tall silver fox who dressed and talked like a gay man, pretty sure he was but we had fun. No surprise at all though, after our date he e-mailed me a picture. Him in a clown wig playing frisbee....god I love dating, when you're a woman who isn't saddled with the pressure of finding a mate and a baby daddy you can enjoy the free meal and great story after!
My Blind Dates Message He Left Before our Date:

Hey Heather, Welcome Back!
Before I say another word, there's really a question I need to ask you, and if your answer is No then all bets are off, and that is:
Are you still as tall and black as when you left and we spoke last week?
'Cause if your not, coffees off, dinners off, idle conversations off.
But if you are it'd be my pleasure to take you out and do something.
This is ****, I hope your mornings going well, I hope you had a nice trip.
And if you've Googled me and seen all my nefarious criminal relatives just know that I'm the black sheep of the family, the only upstanding honest one.
So give me a call, at ***-***-****
Talk to you soon

2 comments:

whateveryouwantittosay said...

Ah, dating.

Free ChatLine said...

Thank you, for such a clear and comprehensive post. Since I’ve been reading you, I feel I have begun to understand more about this topic. Please keep writing. I just hope people are listening to you and reading you.