Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sex is on Fire- Kings of Leon


The video makes NO sense, THE SONGS RULES!

THIS SONG IS GREAT. I'd written of Kings of Leon when my lovely but stuck up sisters boyfriend (a law school stuffy dork) was raving about them. I hate when I make music decisions based on the fans, you miss out when you do that. You can imagine my surprise when a radio dj announced that the incredible song I'd just heard was Kings of Leon. This song was reminiscent of The Police (has a lot to do with the leader sings great, almost crying, soulful voice). It has one of those signature Police guitar riffs that checks in and out quickly between major and minor chords as the leads voice pleads with you. Then all of sudden youve got this rock and roll chorus abou sex and fire, outta nowhere. Its a pretty hot song, sounds great, theres even an arena worthy acapella break down with a drum beat at the bridge. I love this song!!

No comments: