Thursday, April 23, 2009

From the fattest to the leanest, adult obesity rankings by state:


1: Mississippi

2: West Virginia

3: Alabama

4: Louisiana;

5 (tie): South Carolina, Tennessee

7: Kentucky

8: Arkansas

9 (tie): Indiana, Michigan, Oklahoma

12 (tie): Missouri, Texas

14: Georgia

15: Ohio

16: Alaska

17: North Carolina

18: Nebraska

19: North Dakota

20 (tie): Iowa, South Dakota

22: Wisconsin

23 (tie): Pennsylvania, Virginia

25 (tie): Illinois, Maryland

27: Kansas

28: Minnesota

29: Delaware

30: Oregon

31 (tie): Idaho, Washington

33: Maine

34: Florida

35: Wyoming

36: California

37: Nevada

38 (tie): New Hampshire, New York

40 (tie): D.C., New Jersey

42: New Mexico

43: Arizona

44: Utah

45: Montana

46: Rhode Island

47 (tie): Connecticut, Hawaii

49: Vermont

50: Massachusetts

51: Colorado.

Interestingly, the literacy rates for leaner New England, Oregon and Colorado are the highest in the Union. The inverse can be stated for the fatter states....


1 comment:

whateveryouwantittosay said...

I need to stop reading this blogs post practice, it always makes me hungry. I should be repulsed by the giant cheeseburger, I know.

...funny, I always thought "Oregon ass" was a misnomer. I know my home state has it's far share of fatties, but other states always seemed to have even more.