Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Mirah is Coming Out with a New Album!!


I love music from the Northwest, it was Mirah that did it for me. C'mon Miracle was bestowed upon me in the melancholy wake I was left in when I realized everything my parents told me about religion and politics was bullshit and the happiness (i.e. pre-20's pretentiousness) I felt in finding that out. Mirah is dropping a new album (Entitled (a)spera) in mid March (on K Records) almost five years later and working with my other Northwest loves Phil Elverum and (members of) The Decemberists, GUSH.

More details on Pitchfork

1 comment:

whateveryouwantittosay said...

I love Mirah.
Admittedly, it was a Border's worker who turned me on to her. It was playing and I was like "Who's this?". Apparently it was an employee pick. I thought that I could have a Seinfeildesque (visavis Elaine and the underage video store worker) relationship with that worker, but never once did he change his staff pick of the week.
What a slacker