Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Anybody notice that Subway tastes gross again?


I never liked eating at Subway until they roared back with their new breads and sauces. Oh my god the SMELL of Subway when you'd breeze through those doors was heavenly. Baking bread, veggies, roasting sandys...I was hooked! The breads were great, the ingredients were actually fresh and you could get stuff toasted if you wanted to. There were even great new sandwich flavors. Then they hit us with the $5 foot longs and that's pretty much where everything ended....You can't make $5 foot longs in a recession era for five dollars unless you cut something out, and since the veggies are sorta Subways thing the bread had to go. And go it did....it totally blows now!! The wonderful bread baking smell is almost nonexistent as the weak chemi-loaves spawn in those creepy oven trays. The bread on my Subway pretty much melted to my veggies before I could get a bite. The bread is mostly air that deflates when they wrapped it up. The cheese tastes even MORE fake too. Luckily I don't eat the meat there but I can only imagine. Shit, its like I totally would love one feet of sandwich joy for $5 for sure but not at the cost of melted bread on my lukewarm mass produced veggies over the chemi-cheese.......
Some of my fav Sandwich shops: Mona Lisa, Mimmos, Krakatoa, 1st and Ivy Deli and most other slightly dirty non-descript liquor store delis.

No comments: