Monday, September 14, 2009

Movie Rental Help!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

I love renting movies, I don't have Netflix, thinking about it though. I usually I get my inspiration from strolling up and down the aisles and seeing what feels right. This method has let me down many times, I'm not saying it's a golden measure of exactness. But you know, you see a movie with Sarah Silverman, Jeff Garlin and Bonnie Hunt and you think, HEY this will probs be funny if not really good! Toats wasn't. Dude it wasn't even funny, Jeff Garlin tries but Silverman plays a quirky girl with no endearing qualities and the movie sort of gives up at the end and ties everything together in a 15 sec happy ending clip. Don't waste your time ya'll. Silverman is so damn hit and miss and if you want to see Jeff Garlin rent out Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes.

What You Should Rent: Unleased, Jamie Foxx Stand Up!!

So hilarious, lots of hilarious universal jokes and 90's centered jokes (it was filmed in 1997). I love when past stand up refers to Bill Clinton as "the closest we'll ever have to a black president" lol!! Also, you may know this but Grammy Award nominated Jamie Foxx has a gorgeous voice and wonderful piano playing ability (you've seen Ray right? Put it in your queue if not!). He actually ends his special with a wonderful time at the piano singing slow jams and joking around. I really enjoyed this!!

No comments: