Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stuart Smalley becomes a Senator



So his old adage turns out to be true: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!! If you watched Al Franken (both writer and actor on SNL) then you watched Daily Affirmations with Stuart Smalley, Americas favorite inept self-help guru, now our newest Democratic Senator. Bad Ass!!! Hilarious AND politically minded?? I dig it, congrats!!

The Brief Story:
After nearly eight months of waiting, almost 20,000 pages of legal briefs, and millions of dollars in election costs, Al Franken emerged Tuesday as the next United States senator from Minnesota, ending one of the most protracted election recount battles in recent memory.

Mr. Franken, 58, a former comedian and author, could be seated in the Senate as early as Monday, leaders there said, providing Democrats with something they had long hoped for: 60 votes, and thus at least the symbolic ability to overcome filibusters.

FUNNY Stuart Smalley Quotes
(Also funny, Republican shit head pundit Bill O'Reilly refuses to call Al Franken anything but Stuart Smalley haha)

# That's just stinkin' thinkin!"
# "You're should-ing all over yourself."
# "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!"
# "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
# "I am a worthy human being."
# "...and that's...okay."
# "I don't know what I'm doing. They're gonna cancel the show. I'm gonna die homeless and penniless and twenty pounds overweight."
# "It's easier to put on slippers than to carpet the entire world."

No comments: