Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Laurel Restaurant now Cucina Urbana


Laurel was a years old gorgeous Banker's Hill restaurant just blocks from my house that I always wanted to hit up. It looked beautiful inside but my only interaction with the place was passing by, myself a sweaty stinking jogging mess, and peering inside. Not too appetizing for the diners themselves, I realize now as I type this...On my most recent jog I noticed that Laurel was now called Cucina Urbana, the decor was less Alice in Wonderland meets hip San Diego designer and more hip San Diego designer meets less adventurous restaurant owner....But they are serving Italian food (LOVE IT!) and it's still looked gorgeous inside, although much less fanciful and outrageous. I dig the huge windows, sunken dining room and elaborate and luscious bar. I must hit it up before it disappears!!


Check Out Cucina Urbana Reviews on Yelp before you go because things sound a bit douche baggeristic!! The pictures above are of Laurel but in reading reviews this definitely sounds like a gimmicky trendilicious type of place!

No comments: