Friday, July 24, 2009

Caught Up in Comic Con Frenzy!!



There is this huge buzz in the San Diego air. A mist of geekdom, a current of nerdmanship. COMIC CON IS IN FULL EFFECT!! Already there has been lots of excitement. Johnny Depp showed up super briefly to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland presentation!! Johnny Depp is in OUR FUCKING CITY!!!!

Also, the San Diego Summer Pops, a very cool summer orchestra series at the beautiful Embarcadero venue did a video game themed orchestra in honor of Comic Con, complete with a synchronized light show!

Maybe the only comics I've ever read are Archie and Jughead and ok so I lovingly roll my eyes at my cousins anime obsession but I'm really proud that our city hosts this super enormous international event every year. Sometimes you have no idea just how big this thing is and then you read the front pages of newspapers!! And then you Google has comic images built into it's logo now two days in a row and counting, I'm all caught up in Comic Con!!

No comments: