Friday, October 17, 2008

Art In Town: David Adey: I've got a river of life flowing out of me



David Adey "I've got a river of life flowing out of me"
October 18 - November 20, 2008
Luis de Jesus Seminal Projects
2040 India Street, SD CA 92101
(619) 696-9699
Gallery: Tuesday-Saturday, 11:00am-6:00pm, and by appointment
Opening Reception: Saturday, October 18th, 6:00-9:00pm
LUIS DE JESUS SEMINAL PROJECTS is pleased to announce DAVID ADEY: I've got a river of life flowing out of me, opening October 18 through November 20, 2008. An artists' reception will be held on Saturday, October 18, from 6 to 9 pm.

"For his first solo exhibition at Seminal Projects, titled 'I've got a river of life flowing out of me', David Adey continues to explore and expand upon an ingenious photo-sculptural strategy that he developed in early 2007 using craft punches and pins. Although Adey's style is complex and difficult to categorize, his work manages to maneuver, with liquid ease, between the sacred and profane, high and low--as well as photography, sculpture, video and installation. The works in this exhibition will include both small and large-scale images appropriated from recent covers of People magazine and "Bebe" fashion bus-shelter posters."

Read The Rest at ArtSlant

No comments: