Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Death At A Funeral, There is Black people version



I kid you not. Death at a Funeral is a hilarious British black (as in dark) comedy that you definitely need to see. It's bizarre, hilarious, has great acting and, unbelievably, even greater twists. If you haven't heard of it, don't read a thing about it, just go see it, best way to do it. But when you're renting your movie do not mistake Death at a Funeral for the American black (as in African American) version (which is named the same thing)! I saw the preview for it about a week ago, APPALLING. I mean damn, I know there is totally a money making market for embarrassingly ridiculous and shoddy black comedies out there but does that mean we have to take part? My people seem to be pretty naturally funny, why we gotta do fart jokes and Big Mama scenes is beyond me (white college frat dudes, siiigh). Might as well paint our faces black and shuffle to a Dixie Plantation ragtime song. Craziest part is, the whole operation stars two of America's most hilarious black comics! No Tyler Perry to speak of! Hmm, if Martin Lawrence and Chris Rock and Tracy Morgan are in it, maaaaybe I gotta give it a try. Stoned. Ugh, I don't WANT to. Just go see Death at a Funeral and then just watch the trailer for this piece of work....

No comments: